Full Service Management
1. Our association has some unique requirements. Can you customize your service for us?
Yes. In nearly all cases we can provide the service you require. We are highly flexible and attempt to provide all necessary management services for our clients.
2. If our association hires CoastManagement.net, can we continue to use our own vendors and contractors?
Yes. Our interest is in making certain that all contractors are properly licensed and insured. Otherwise, we have no interest in changing your vendors or contractors. However, if you are unhappy with your vendors or contractors, we are in a position to provide recommendations to your board of directors and will always offer suggestions on how to reduce costs.
3. If we hire CoastManagement.net, will we be locked into a long term contract?
No. You can cancel at any time upon providing 60 days written notice.
4. What happens if our property manager is unavailable when we need him or her?
Coast always assigns a backup manager for every property. In addition, every property manager has an assistant who is knowledgeable about every property. We also provide your board with our manager’s cell phone number.
5. If we hire CoastManagement.net, will the transition from our existing management company be difficult?
No. We will handle every detail.
6. How can CoastManagement.net save our association money?
- Avoiding costly mistakes that result from inexperience and lack of knowledge;
- Utilizing the bidding process where appropriate;
- Taking advantage of volume discounts available to Coast;
- Reducing collection problems; and
- Minimizing the need to pay legal fees.
7. Does CoastManagement.net offer an emergency service?
Yes. We offer an emergency service 24 hours each day, 365 days each year. The emergency number is provided when the management agreement becomes effective.
8. Will you assist us in preparing an annual budget for the association?
Yes. We will prepare a draft for the board’s review and approval.
9. Does Coast obtain bids for significant construction and maintenance projects?
Absolutely. Obtaining bids is a standard operating procedure at CoastManagement.net.
10. Does Coast produce newsletters for its management clients?
Yes. Coast will provide regular newsletters at no additional cost to its management clients, subject to certain conditions.
11. Will you maintain a computer log for maintenance calls and repairs?
12. Will you maintain a computer log for violations of the CC&Rs and Rules?
13. Will CoastManagement.net make regular inspections of our property?
14. What size associations do you manage?
From 5 units to over 200 units. Our services can be customized for your association.
15. How many associations should a manager be able to handle effectively?
There is no simple answer. It depends on the following factors:
- The number of units in each association,
- The number of meetings the manager attends each month,
- The number of inspections the manager makes each month,
- Whether the manager has a competent property management assistant,
- Whether the manager has immediate access to legal counsel for advice,
- Whether the manager has access to all available modern technology, and
- Whether the manager has clerical assistance available to help with routine mailings, etc.
16. What type of expertise does Coast have on its staff to deal with insurance issues?
We have an Insurance Administrator on our staff whose sole responsibility with Coast is insurance. We also have an in-house attorney with extensive experience in insurance matters.